Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's time to say Goodbye


Me with my Thai teacher and her husband
My styled curly hair!
On Saturday the parents of my students threw me and my co-teachers a thank you, goodbye party.  It was a well planned party.  They had meetings to discuss it after school.  It was really exciting to have the parents appreciate all my hard work.  I decided to have my hair professionally stylied for the first time in my life.  Thai people love getting there hair done and I knew it would be greatly appreciated.  


The party was located at a fancy restaurant outside of town (I cannot pronounce or write the name), my teacher picked me up and drove me there.   A huge banner was made with photos of the teachers and the students (I wish i had a photo of it but I forgot to take one).


The first event was a slideshow of photos and video footage from throughout the year.  The students were taped saying all they had learned this year and how much they loved their teachers.  

Delicious food was served at each table throughout the 2 hour party.  We had duck, fish, and pork fried rice.  Appetizers with sausages and hot dogs.   

FOOD!












Dance performance

Saying thank you and receiving our gifts.
The students sang and danced.  We have been practicing these songs for this event for over 3 weeks.
 Then games like musical chairs and balloon
 popping games were played.  I went around and
 took pictures with every family.  It was a really
 nice party.  At the end I was given a silk scarf as a gift. 







Bags full of toys including toy guns... (bad idea)
Photos with the families

Me with our wonderful nanny


Me and my co-teacher



No comments:

Post a Comment