Sunday, June 17, 2012

The New House

My Bedroom
I moved into a new house on June 1st.  For my first month in Thailand I lived in a single room apartment that is more like a bad hotel.  They overcharged in every way possible and the rooms were very small and dirty.  I wanted to move out as soon as possible so I told my Thai teachers to look for available houses for me that were close to the school.  There were a few potentials but none that both my future roommate Lexy and I wanted.  After school one day a parent of my student approached me saying that she knew of a house for me. I said great when can I see it and so I drove with her right then to go look at it.  I immediately loved it and knew Lexy would too.  We brought our Thai friend over to negotiate price, internet installation, and furniture then the landlord said it will be ready in ten days.    
Now we have completely moved in.  It big with 2 bedrooms, a sun room, balcony and 2 bathrooms; a living room and dining room area downstairs.  It’s too big for only 2 people but costs the same as 2 of us living the little apartment. Having lived here for 2 weeks now the house is great.  There is lots of space, the internet is fast and its close to the school.  I could not be happier living here. 

My bedroom


The Sun Room and Balcony

2nd Bedroom and Hallway

Stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment