Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thai Cooking

About 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to be invited to a Thai women’s house to cook.   She is a very nice old woman who lives alone and loves to have company.  My friend Lexy and I were invited by our Thai friend named Film.  It was a really fun Sunday night.  We made 4 different Thai dishes.  I know the names of some but not all.  We cooked outside using a gas stove. 
The ingredients for the first dish were corn, onion, tomato, carrot, garlic, ketchup, chili sauce, pork seasoning, oyster sauce, regular soy sauce, a sweet soy sauce, pork and fresh squeezed lime.  All these ingredients are sautéed and the put inside and omelet.  The ingredients end up looking like Mexican food, and it tasted delicious. 
The next dish is called Preak Gang Moo and is a spicy pork and green bean dish with garlic, hot peppers, pork, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, sugar, green beans, oyster sauce, water, and basil.  This dish was also delicious.  The green beans are raw when they are sautéed so they are still very crisp and crunchy in the dish.  I personally enjoy raw vegetables instead of cooked so I really enjoy this dish.
The third dish we made was simple it was sautéed lettuce with oyster sauce, garlic, little bit of chili sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pork seasoning and pork.
The last dish was sweet pork with garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, a sweet soy sauce, garlic, sugar and pork seasoning.  This one is probably the simplest of all.
None of the ingredients were measured.  It was all just random and they say it is all up to your taste how much of each thing to include.  I am sure when I try to cook this on my own it will not turn out anything like it did this night but hopefully in a year I can replicate Thai food perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment